Welcome to the Ponderosa Library!
Mrs. Lopez is fascinated by history. After all, just like what the great Martin Luther King Jr. once said, "We are not makers of history. We are made by history."
Mrs. Lopez, the librarian, has been teaching for 17 years, 11 of those years in the library at Ponderosa Elementary. Her passion is finding creative and inventive ways to disseminate information. Check out our Ponderosa Specials Channel on YouTube.
Ponderosa Code of Conduct in Library
· Keep your hands to yourself.
· Keep your feet on the floor.
· Walk in the library.
· Use books, supplies and equipment correctly and in a safe way.
· Show self-control.
· Work and read quietly.
· Help others who need help.
· Take care of books, supplies and equipment.
· Use polite words: please, thank you, your welcome, excuse me.
· Use appropriate words and friendly voices to solve disagreements and
· Actively listen to whomever is talking, teaching or giving directions.
· Follow all directions the first time given.
· Stay focused on work.
· Participate in all activities.
Looking for Resources?
Visit the Ponderosa Library Protopage to find all your information needs. The Library Protopage provides resources for students, staff, parents and community members. Simply go to: www.protopage.com/rlopez11 or click the image to the right.
Borrowing Library eBooks
Students and Staff now have access to hundreds of eBooks through the Ponderosa Library! Students will be train on how to access this fantastic library of eBooks this Spring. Here are the basics ...
The Library Mission ...
The Ponderosa Library's mission is to help staff, students and community locate, analyze and disseminate information. Because we are a STEAM school, the library is a very science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics rich environment. Thus, the library program will provide all students with access to different informational technologies.